“26 While they were eating, Jesus took bread, spoke a blessing and broke it, and gave it to the disciples, saying, “Take and eat; this is My body.” 27Then He took the cup, gave thanksand gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. 28This is My blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.…” Jesus in Gospel Matthew 26:26-29 Berean Bible Study
- We take time today to commemorate Jesus’ Last earthly Passover before He became the Pesach Lamb of God
- He is the reason why the Israelites celebrated and practiced this yearly Feast
- On Passover:
- The Israelites would take the 1-year-old male lamb which they had chosen 4 day earlier
- Fed this little lamb for 4 days
- Kept this little lamb with them
- And on the 14th day
- They would sacrifice its life
- Use hyssop to mark the door posts as sign
- For the LORD to pass over and cover their sins
- Thus saving them from
- The “Angel of Death”
- What would this look like?
- Like the above drawing…
- Eerily familiar to this:
- On that Passover day, Nisan 14… The blood of the Lamb of God was placed on the wooden beams
- The cross would be outside of the city
- All the 1-3 million Jews coming into Jerusalem for the Passover would have witnessed Jesus’ Via Dolorosa through the streets of Jerusalem.
- Most would have heard of this Miracle Worker
- Most would wonder why He did not save Himself
- He would not save Himself for our sake
- He would die for our transgression and sins
- By His stripes we are saved and healed
- By His death & resurrection we are saved from spiritual death
Thank You Jesus for being the Lamb of God who took my sins away. You were telling your disciples and us to celebrate today and as many times as we can, Your willing sacrifice. By taken the bread and drinking the wine, we are commemorating the Passover Feast, and remembering what You did for us.
Happy Passover weekend everyone!
If you don’t know God personally and want to know the One who died for you and me. For our sins. Get to know Him: