Christmas is coming up, and most people are getting ready to do the Christmas thing. Yet how many people really know why they are celebrating the Holy Day. Yes, Holy Day and not a holiday.
You see, this Christmas season whether Jesus was born during this time or not, is a very solemn and joyful occasion. I will get to that in the next post, maybe…
- What I do want to explain is how the Christmas story came about and why it is imperative to get to know it personally. One of the mistakes people do, including myself, is that we take everything that is said by others or on TV or social media as rock solid.
But how many people deeply understand why Jesus had to be born and all the prerequisites that came with His birth, life, death, and resurrection?
Through the years since Jesus was born, was in ministry, crucified and resurrected, we have had so many distortions to His central teaching. I will try to give you not my perspective but what the Bible predicts about His coming. The over 400 predictions which predate Jesus’ birth are astounding.
Here are the facts, please click on the links to get a deeper understanding of what the predictions in the Bible regarding Jesus:
- That He, Jesus, was to be born in Bethlehem (Micah 5:2, Matthew 2:5).
- Of a woman (Genesis 3:15).
- Who was a virgin (Isaiah 7:14, Isaiah 9:6, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:31).
- Jesus would be called a Nazarene (Isaiah 1:11,
- Jesus would be raised in Galilee (Isaiah 9:2, John 1:46).
- Jesus would bring salvation to all who ask (John 3:16, Romans 5:8, 1 John 4:9).
- Jesus would have followers (Matthew 28:19).
- Who would take the Gospel to all nations and people (Isaiah 11:10, Psalm 22:27, Mark 13:10)
- That only through Jesus do we have salvation (Isaiah 53:12, John 14:6-7, 2 Corinthians 5:21, Ephesians 2:8-9).
- That Jesus would be crucified, buried and resurrect from the grave (Isaiah 53, Matthew 16:21, Matthew 17:23, Matthew 20:18, Matthew 28:6, Acts 2:24).
- The the Bible is the Word of God (Deuteronomy 4:36, 2 Timothy 3:16, Proverbs 6:23).
- Nothing needs to be added to the Bible (Deuteronomy 4:2, Galatians 1:6, Revelation 22:18, Revelation 22:19).
- Therefore, any new revelations or added Gospels or doctrines should not be counted as orthodox and official. It doesn’t matter what church leaders say in addition to the Bible’s scriptures.
- If you ever hear someone say, yes, the Bible is great, and we follow it plus this added gospel that our founder got from God… DO NOT LISTEN, there is no additional Gospel.
- No need for an additional Savior
- Or another revelation needed apart from the Bible, and it’s 66 books.
What we have in the Bible, is the story of redemption that was set up by God and fulfilled by Jesus. Whatever book of the Bible you are in, it tells of the Christmas story. The story which has changed the course of humanity’s history, because after all, it is talking about His Story…
Get to know Jesus: