Children and grandchildren are a gift from the Lord.
Children and grandchildren are a gift from the Lord.
Christmas is coming up, and most people are getting ready to do the Christmas thing. Yet how many people really know why they are celebrating the Holy Day. Yes, Holy Day and not a holiday.
You see, this Christmas season whether Jesus was born during this time or not, is a very solemn and joyful occasion. I will get to that in the next post, maybe…
- What I do want to explain is how the Christmas story came about and why it is imperative to get to know it personally. One of the mistakes people do, including myself, is that we take everything that is said by others or on TV or social media as rock solid.
But how many people deeply understand why Jesus had to be born and all the prerequisites that came with His birth, life, death, and resurrection?
Through the years since Jesus was born, was in ministry, crucified and resurrected, we have had so many distortions to His central teaching. I will try to give you not my perspective but what the Bible predicts about His coming. The over 400 predictions which predate Jesus’ birth are astounding.
Here are the facts, please click on the links to get a deeper understanding of what the predictions in the Bible regarding Jesus:
What we have in the Bible, is the story of redemption that was set up by God and fulfilled by Jesus. Whatever book of the Bible you are in, it tells of the Christmas story. The story which has changed the course of humanity’s history, because after all, it is talking about His Story…
Get to know Jesus:
My mom (your great grandmother)had a saying. Something like this:
“Tell me who your friends are and I’ll tell you who you are.”
Wise saying from a very smart woman.
I want to encourage you to seek out people that are going the way of life.
This means that your close circle of friends should bring encouragement and strive to hold the best possible interest for and in your life. Always seek out people who love God with all their hearts and are friends enough to tell you Godly wisdom and not what this world calls truth…
In Roman times when a baby was born, the midwives would gently swaddle the newborn and lay the baby right in front of the father. If the father picked the baby up from the floor, he or she was accepted into the family.
- On the other hand, if the baby was left on the floor he or she was taken outside for “disposal”.
Because promiscuity was normal in Roman society, mistrust was common in the family structure. Having babies born in a house with doubting husbands, was a disadvantage.
A husband with the smallest of inklings that the baby was not his, would instruct his servants to get rid of the baby. It was up to the father to approve of the newborn and accept it into the family. Not a very good way for a baby to come into the world but this was how it was.
In came the new religion of those who called themselves Christians. Ever growing numbers from all walks of life; slaves, masters, free men, and women were coming into a personal relationship with Jesus the Jewish Messiah.
- Christians who saw rejected displaced babies would pick them up, take them home and made those infants their very own.
We have to remember that a great percentage of Romans were slaves and had very few means to provide for their own children. Yet, they would still bring another mouth to feed. The kindness they showed to strangers’ babies would have a huge impact on all Roman Society witnessing these incredible acts of love.
- We find the same thing happening presently. Where people are “disposing” of their newborns like the Romans did two thousand years ago.
But the great news is, that Christians are once more stepping up and adopting children fortunate enough to be born and given up, instead of being aborted. Christians are bringing babies into their households. I have, with exceeding joy witnessed this among our circles and see that Christ’s love still reigns.
- Even if people think that this world is getting darker, the Light of Christ still has the power to change modern societies with its overwhelming sense of compassion.
God is so amazing, He turns everything that is meant for bad in this world, into good. By Christians fulfilling the love of Jesus and bringing in kids from all over the world, from different ethnicities, they are turning God’s people into an incredible mosaic of love.
Percentage of slaves in Roman times
Letters to my kids:
There will be some great times ahead for you and the rest of the grandkids. I want you to know that even when things get tough for you or your mom and dad, always remember that Jesus loves you and that He will always be there for you. Even when life seems to get you down, God will always give you joy.
- A wise man once told me that a person of God never stays down, because God always lifts them up from the floor.
I want you and the rest of the kids to know that Poppa and Nana had some incredible times on our journey together. But we also had some tough times. It was in those tough times that we learned more about our Mighty God and held on to his promises more.
- I want you to do the same thing. Always depend on God guiding you. Always be joyful no matter what life brings you.
Always love your family and family in Christ. They will be there alongside of you because nobody can get through life without Christ and people around them to be there for them. And when those you love need your help, always joyfully lend a hand!
Love you kids & always praying for you!
Picture made with Canva.com
Scripture from biblehub.com
ATTN: IF YOU WANT THE CLIFF NOTES VERSION, TAKE A LOOK AT THE PICTURE BELOW.
First thing I want to say is that I am a father of two grown women. I have told my daughters to reach for the stars. That they can do anything that they put their mind to, with God’s help.
- With the Elections coming, I want to make sure that people vote morally or with their morals and not a specific loyalty to one party or the other,
- To Fast & Pray on Monday November 5th
- For God’s Divine intervention & Wisdom
I very rarely watch live television anymore because the debacle of our nation is shown like a laser pointing directly at our culture’s demise. I’m not going to talk about whether Justice Kavanaugh is guilty or not. That drum has been beaten to the pulp. But I will talk about what I am seeing in this country. The division is real, and it will set women’s rights back a few steps with the way women are treating other women.
The Kavanaugh hearings were too unbearable. Don’t get me wrong, I have very thick skin.
- Yet, I found myself hurting for the little girls that came into the courtroom on that early September day where the welcoming of the now Justice Kavanaugh and his family was interrupted fourteen times before the chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, Sen. Grassley (R-Iowa), could say welcome!
Then to top this off, we see the faces of these little girls whose smiles begin to fade as they see the nastiness of the so-called “educated people” and “leadership” of the opposing party. Right from the beginning these civic leaders and their followers just went haywire against the Kavanaugh family. I had only seen this kind of hate when I was younger and moved in where we were the only Hispanic family in our town at that time.
I mention their followers above, because it’s almost a cult-like feel to the crowd screaming in unison, with an emotional high and low note going from buzzing to screeching, almost as if an invisible dark force is orchestrating their movements and tones.
- These trance like zombi-ish screaming interruptions continued on as the chairman was trying to bring order. I had to turn off the monitor when I saw the security team dash the poor girls away from all the commotion.
The disruption of those calling for women to unite against this confirmation hearing because it would violate women’s right to choose had gone extremely awry. These protesters were filled with such hate, that they spewed out what they thought was their right to do and didn’t care who got in the way.
- I stopped to just say a quick prayer for these young future female voters.
- I prayed that God would take away what they had just witnessed, or at least make their memory of what was supposed to be a glorious and proud day for them, seeing their daddy do what very few people in history had done…
But it was not to be. I don’t have to explain how catastrophic the confirmation hearings were. This is not a bump on the road in our history. This is a consolidated, specific, and intentional scheme for this country’s demise. I won’t get into who I believe is behind all these perfectly, well thought out protests, that’s for another post.
I will ask every person reading this to ask themselves the following:
If you agree that killing any unborn human being is wrong, please go and vote on your morals and not your Political Party.
“”47 So the high priests and the Pharisees assembled the Council n and said, “What are we going to do? This man is performing many signs. 48 If we let him go on like this, everyone will believe in him, and the Romans will come and destroy both our Temple o and our nation.””— John’s Gospel chapter 11 ISV
This is the conversation which took place after Jesus had raised Lazarus from the dead. These were members of the Highest Court of Israel. They would be like our Supreme Court mixed in with the best Theologians in the land.
Yet all this wisdom and only a few of the leaders were believers of Jesus from Nazareth. Most of them were so empty spiritually, that they had missed out on the over 300 prophecies concerning their Messiah. So much so, that they were willing to keep their beautiful Temple which Herod had rebuilt, and hold on to it and their homeland no matter the consequences. They would have to get rid of the guy that was performing extraordinary miracles not seen since the days of Moses and Joshua.
- But before we get all ‘holy” on them, ask yourself this question.
- What thins or things are you holding on for dear life to?
You see, this is the same daily conversation that people all over the world have about Jesus the Carpenter from Nazareth.
The questions you will be asking yourself are valid. But also ask yourself these:
- Whatever it is, nothing and I mean nothing is better than having Jesus the Lord, Savior and Redeemer of this world come into your life.
If you choose to have a personal relationship with Christ, watch the everyday miracles that He will do for you in your life. Jesus loves you and asks that you trust Him to lead and guide you. And unlike those temporary luxury things, or high stress job you’re in, He will never leave you nor forsake you.
- Stop trying to kill Jesus off from your life for the sake of keeping your ‘temple and country’.
Instead of killing Him out of your life, ask Jesus to come into your life and bring you back from the dead. If you commit yourself to him, your life will never be lost again…