“2 In those days, I, Daniel, had been mourning for three entire weeks.3 I did not eat any tasty food, nor did meat or wine enter my mouth, nor did I use any ointment at all until the entire three weeks were completed.…
….12 Then he said to me, “Do not be afraid, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart on understanding this and on humbling yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to your words. 13 “But the prince of the kingdom of Persia was withstanding me for twenty-one days;…”
An excerpt from my Bible Study on the Signs of the Times & what we must do in Prayer. Most people including Christians are worried about Syria, the economy and the start of WWII. I find my peace through the power of Powerful Prayer. God is in total control of everything. We must look to prayer that changes the world. One of the Godly saints who changed his world through prayer is Daniel:
Daniel is one of the best prayer warriors in the Bible. Most people see the Prophet and wonder why God chose to reveal His Story to him, well, here’s a few reasons why.
We see a glimpse of his powerful prayer life in chapter 9 as the humble man of God intercedes for his people before the Lord. Then we see in chapter 10 God sending His heavenly messengers to encourage Daniel who had been praying for the deliverance of his nation during the Babylonian exile.
In these chapters, we see a few things Daniel does as he is fasting and praying. Prayer is not just rattling off words to see what will stick on the walls of God’s throne room.
~Prayer has to be intentional and regular. Daniel was both and much more:
- We have to be students of the Word in order to know what God has for us. We learn through Scripture (Daniel 9:1-2, &13). Daniel was a student of the Word and read Jeremiah (Deuteronomy chap. 27, Jeremiah chap. 7, 25 & 26), he knew the 70 years of exile for Israel was coming to an end.
- We have to humble ourselves & get right with God first. How? We see Daniel goes before the Lord fasting, with sackcloth and ashes (Daniel 9:3).
- We have to ask forgiveness, knowing that we have sinned against God. He is the only One that can forgive us. (Daniel 9:4-12).
- We have to intercede for those around us and our nation (Daniel 9:21).
- We have to be patient and know that we must keep asking, seeking and knocking (Daniel 10:2-5, Matthew 7:7-12). Daniel did this and it over 3 weeks for an answer. Why? Because we don’t see the spiritual war that is going on the minute we start praying. Daniel’s prayer was intentional, intense and in line with God’s will.
- We have to be committed. Daniel fasted and prayed over 3 weeks straight. We can’t give up.What if the times we did not get answered prayer were when we gave up on praying? We must do the same as Daniel. I am guilty if being impatient at times. I must learn to wait on the Lord. Because it is in the fervency of waiting and asking that He will renew our strength, drive and commitment( Isaiah 40:31).
I ask you to join me in praying for our families. Specifically those that have not made a commitment to the Lord and Savior Jesus the Messiah or Christ of the world. Also for our country and your countries. Specially for the Middle-East where the prophecy of Ezekiel 38 is beginning to take shape, but this is for another post…
Side Note- With the uncertainty of the world’s chaos today, make sure that you commit yourself to God. Through His Son Jesus there is power of forgiveness. No other spiritual leader can make this claim. Jesus tells us not to be troubled with things happening. He says He is the only Way, Truth and Life. You can’t get to heaven without Jesus. Take your first steps in committing to Jesus. He will bring peace between you and God.
I pray that you are ready to take your first steps in knowing God and His peace to your life:
Answers to common questions about God