I’ve been giving Bible verses, some which were written thousands of years before; some seven hundred years before Jesus was born in the small town of Bethlehem, which most likely had a population of 200-300 people living at the time. Most of the people would be related to each other somehow.
But the prophecies or predictions of Jesus fulfilling just eight of the predictions written long before He was ever born can not be replicated.
Now, these eight predictions are not the only ones that Jesus has fulfilled. There were over 300 prophecies that came to fulfillment during His First Visit or Advent.
Taking only eight of these and having just one person making them come true or fulfilling them would be so incredibly out of reach for any historical figure, that it would almost be impossible to be real. Now I can’t take credit for this. A very astute Professor named Peter Stoner calculated that the probability for a person to fulfill the Prophecies which Jesus satisfied would be 1 in 1017 or 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000. That’s one in one hundred quadrillion!
All this to say, that if One Man could fulfill these prophecies to their exactness, Jesus coming down from His throne room & becoming a baby, are a breeze.
- Micah 5:2 predicted that Jesus would be born in Bethlehem. The chances of Jesus who was in Mary’s womb in the Galilee area, then having Joseph and Mary have to go to Bethlehem to be counted in a mandatory census commanded by the Roman emperor, would have the Las Vegas betting crowd in a frenzy.
- Malachi 3:1 predicted that Jesus would have a messenger before His coming. In other words, somebody who would be coming before Him to make everyone aware of their sins and to get straight with God. In other words, John the Baptist.
- Zechariah 9:9 predicted that the Messiah or Savior of Israel and the world would come into Jerusalem riding on a donkey. On Palm Sunday sometime around A.D. 29-33, Jesus came in riding on a donkey while the thousands were screaming ‘Hosannah’ or ‘Save us now’ as He passed by.
- Zechariah 13:6 predicted that Jesus would be betrayed and killed by the actions of a friend. Judas betrayed Jesus and was paid 30 pieces of silver ( Zechariah 11:12 );
- Also, another prediction was fulfilled by Jesus when they came to arrest Him in the garden, and Judas kissed Him ( Matthew 26:48 ). This kiss was a signal that Jesus would be the One they were looking for.
- Zechariah 11:13 predicted that the 30 pieces of silver would buy a potters field. Sure enough, Judas was so distraught about betraying Jesus that he went into the potter’s field and killed himself ( Acts 1:18).
- Isaiah 53:7 predicted that Jesus would be beaten and His beard plucked out while being cursed at, ridiculed and unjustly and illegally tried and put to death. All without opening His mouth in protest. The astonishing part is not that the predictions were 700-800 years old, but that the God-Man-Creator of everything we see, did not retaliate against His creatures. He could have called a legion of angelic beings waiting in the midst ( Matthew 26:53 ), watching what the spoiled children were doing to their Master-Lord-King-Almighty-God. Just one would have wiped out the entire Sanhedrin guard and Roman legion stationed in the Antonia Fortress ( 2 Kings 19:35 ). But Jesus, the Humble-King-Servant, did not.
- This eighth and final prediction in Psalm 22:16 ( not Jesus’ last, remember He fulfilled more than 300) was that Jesus would die by getting his hands and feet pierced. This happened a thousand years after King David penned the 22nd Psalm. Crucifixion had not been invented. This cruelest way to die was to be perfected by the Romans. Only the worst of criminals would die like this. Yet, Our LORD and Savior, who came that peaceful and joyous night, lying in the manger, as a baby, died this horrendous death for you and me.
All this to say, the Christmas timeline may be off. There may not be peace in your home, or someone in your family has recently died. Maybe you are going through some tough times. Things aren’t going the way you want them to be. Remember that Jesus, the Odds Maker, the One who came to fulfill Prophetic writings from thousands of years before, is on your side. Ask Him to help you. If he can accomplish and beat the odds so that it would be impossible for someone else to beat them, you don’t think Jesus could help you with yours?
Our faith is not a blind faith. Even though Jesus tells us that we are blessed because we believe in Him without seeing ( John 20:29 ).
May, this Christmas, have you looking up to the Baby in the manger and trusting that whatever is going on your life, Jesus could bring a miracle to your house. One of Peace, Goodness, and Joy…
Adoption, Ask God to help you, Attributes of God Series, Away for the Holy Day Season, Be thankful, Be Transformed and Renewed Daily, Being Thankful, Blessings of our nation, Challenge Society, Christ alone, Christian Basics, Christian Leaders College, Christian Leaders Institute, Christian love, Christian Short Drills Series, Christian Walk, Christians exploding through the world, Christians Take Action, Christmas 2019, Christmas Eve, CLI, Disciple and be Discipled, Discipleship Series, Encouragement, Eyes on God, Eyes on Others, Freedom, Fresh Start, God Keeps His Promises, God never leaves us!, God’s Grace, How to know God, Let Jesus in!, Life’s wonders, Love Conquers All, Memories, Men & Women of God, Men and women in Military, Men of God, Military Men & Women away for the Holy Days, On Prayer & Meditation, oscarrocawriter.com, Parents are the Main Teachers, People of God, Powerful Prayer, Pray for your Children, Their Children and Children’s Children, Pray for your spouse, Pray Powerfully, Powerfully Pray, Prophecy, Psalmist Heart, Pure, Lovely and Good thoughts, Repent & Receive, Son & Holy Spirit, Take First Steps, Thank Him First, The Cross of Christ, The Dark Deception by Oscar Roca, The Gospel’s Simplicity, The Power of Actions, The power of words, True Freedom, Wisdom from the Psalms, Wisdom of Proverbs, Words to make one wiseTagged 2 Samuel 7:13 & 16, Christmas 2019, Christmas Joy, Christmas Peace, Christmas prophecies, Come back to God, Genesis 3:15, Jesus fulfilled 10s of prophecies, Jesus is the Messiah, Jesus Messiah, Jesus The Messiah, Jesus the Messiah of the world, Jesus-The Baby in the manger, Jesus-The shoot of Jesee, Jesus=God, Jesus=Immanuel, Jesus=Messiah, Jesus=Salvation, Jesus=Savior, Jesus=sinless, Jesus=Yeshua=Jehovah is Salvation, Joy to the world, Know God, Know God & be forgiven, Know God Know Peace, Know Jesus, Know Jesus know peace, Luke 3:23, Matthew 1:1-17, Messiah, Peace on Earth, ReconnectWithGod, Ruth 4:18-22, The Genesis 3 Prophecy, Your Goal is to know Jesus